Four month contract from mid-January to 1st May, with the opportunity of continuing part time after this date (2 days per week).
About the role:
Are you a designer looking to join a dynamic joinery team? Wanaka Joinery is a high-end joinery manufacturer located in Wanaka. Michelle, our interior designer and client liaison, is about to embark on the new challenge of becoming a mum and we are super excited to welcome a new family addition to our team! We have a gap to fill and for the right person there is also a potential opportunity to continue at Wanaka Joinery after this date on a part time basis. If this sounds like you read on.
As the first point of contact, you work alongside our clients to understand their brief and develop their custom design. You will then work with our workshop team to see the design through to manufacture and installation.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in the joinery trade, with an understanding of products
- Excellent client liaison and listening skills
- Sound experience using CAD software, to produce high end renders and production drawings
- Confidence interpreting a brief and assisting with design recommendations to specific budgets
- An eye for creative and functional design
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and alongside other members of the team
- Given the short-term contract, we need someone who can really hit the ground running!
Why join the Wanaka Joinery team?
- Good remuneration, acknowledging experience level
- A supportive and small team
- Great high-end projects and personable clients
- Local vibe, working in collaboration with some other fantastic Wanaka businesses
This is a short-term commitment; a unique opportunity to tide over between contracts. The position is approx. 35 hours a week. Applicants must be permitted to work in NZ.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply now via email ([email protected]) with a copy of your CV and brief covering letter, telling us why you’re the right person for the job.